Welcome to our website !

Decorating With Plants

By 7:38 PM , , , , , ,

I'm not sure you read my 'About Me,' but if you haven't, you should know I am crazy about interior design. No, I didn't go to school for it, but it is something I think I would love to do. So keep in mind this isn't just a place for me to share my modeling photos. I want to share my life with you, and a big part of that is keeping a pretty space. 

Remember my last post? Yes, the really boring one that consisted of what I did that day and like 50 gazillion photos of me. (Sorry, I'm new to this and I think new, lame content, is better than none.) Anyways, if you read it, you know I visited the cutest little greenhouse named Cactus & Tropicals. Apparently it's popular, I was unaware. 
I decided to go again today to find a planter for my adorable little succulent and ended up picking up something else as well. I decided it was worth sharing. 


I honestly have a super mixed style when it comes to my home. I have pieces from Target, Ikea, the DI, and HomeGoods. I love to find a good deal but honestly I have a hard time controlling myself when it comes to home decor. 
So, you're expecting a How To any moment now, here it is.

First, I think it's very important you choose your plant. I started off with my rad succulent. Make sure you pay attention to how much light it needs, that will have a say in what sort of planter you need.
My succulent needs at least 8 hours per day of sunlight. I searched all over for a hanging planter, but didn't have any luck finding one that was deep enough, or within my price range.
While you can trim the root system of your plant, I decided not to risk it and found the cute tin, square planter in the photo above. It's deep enough and had room for more plants. I ended up adding a second plant so that my succulent wasn't lonely. 
Second, find your planter. I wanted an industrial feel because 1) it's a style I love, and 2) it goes with my home. (Pictures of my living space will come eventually). Again, make sure it is big enough for your plant to grow. (Oh yeah, they get bigger huh?) 
Third, fill the negative space if there is too much. You don't want a small plant in the middle of a giant pot. Think of it as a tiny landscape. Honestly, when I put this together, I was imagining a tiny little me walking through it like a forest. I know, lame. Effective though, right? You can fill the negative space with more plants, cool branches, rocks, or even small figurines. Eventually I will add crystals to my set up.
Now you have a beautiful piece to put on your coffee table, mantle, side table, or even hanging next to your window. 

Make sure to hit the follow button and pin this post! 
Much love,
xx Jess
  

You Might Also Like

0 comments