Welcome to our website !

DIY From Shirts to Dress

By 7:50 PM , , , , , , , , ,

If you are anything like me, I imagine you probably have tons of stuff in your closet. The problem with that is, I'm sure a lot of it is stuff you are saving because you think you'll wear it eventually, right? You can't let go because you think "well... maybe one day?" You're wrong. You won't wear it. So, upcycle it!
Here's a quick tutorial on how to make two shirts (or even just one very long one) into a dress.


Start with two shirts you think go well together. I chose this old t-shirt and a baggy tank top.


You can either keep the sleeves as-is on the top portion, or you can cut the sleeves to make it a more feminine cut. I decided I wanted a more feminine look and thought it would look best to cut the sleeves. You want it to look even, so I measured with a ruler how far out I wanted the sleeve to come, and brought my line down to the bottom of the sleeve seem. I used a dotted line so that I wouldn't leave huge stains on the shirt. I also measured about 8 inches down from the bottom of the sleeve to cut the shirt and make it shorter. The oval cut out will be to tie the bottom portion into. 


For the bottom shirt, I drew a line as close to the top of the shirt as I could, that way the skirt portion wouldn't be too short. Then, I drew a line on the front and straight down the middle about 3 inches and cut there as well. That is so that I could tie it into the hole of the top half. 


From there, I cut all of the lines I drew out and put the shirts together. Here's how it turned out!




Make sure to follow by email. You can find that on the right side of the page! Also be sure to pin on pinterest. 

xx Jess




You Might Also Like

0 comments